Thank you for Attending!
Thank you for attending our Training Presentation – Half-Moon Training in Wilmington, DE hosted by Kristi Avalos on May 8, 2019. We are glad you were able to attend. Please fill out the form to the right and you will be directed to a page where you can access the training presentation.
Here are a few key points to follow up with the training:
- Complying with Federal and State Accessibility Requirements
- Meeting Standards in the ADA Standards and the IBC
- Reviewing New Materials/Technologies and
- Anticipated Developments in Codes/Standards
Complying with Federal and State Accessibility Requirements includes:
- History and development of the International Building Code (IBC)
- Development of the Americans with Disabilities Act Standards for Accessible Design
- Relationship between ADA federal requirements and IBC
- Entities and facilities that are covered
- Scoping requirements
- Readily-achievable barrier removal
- New Construction
- New policies and procedures
- Safe harbors
Meeting Standards in ADA Standards and the IBC
- Path of Travel
- Accessible parking
- Exterior accessible routes
- Ramps and stairways
- Entrances and doors
- Interior accessible routes
- Accessible toilet facilities
- Drinking fountains
- Signage standards
- Accessible kitchen facilities
- Assembly areas
- Assistive listening systems
- Recreational facilities
Accessology specializes in and is dedicated to providing consulting services to architects, interior designers, municipalities, government agencies, schools and universities, as well as property managers and business owners regarding compliance with state and federal access standards. A significant segment of our consulting services involves developing ADA self-evaluations and transition plans as well as plan reviews and inspections.
Please contact us if you need consulting services, training or have questions concerning accessibility. We are happy to help!
Again, thank you for attending our training!